Shipping cheese is tricky business. We will do everything we can to ensure that your cheese arrives in the same immaculate condition it was in when it left our store. The following shipping guidelines ensure the quality of your product.
Local Delivery Policy
For local deliveries, we must have the recipient's current phone number (preferably along with an email address) in order to schedule a drop-off time for the package. Due to perishability and our liability, we cannot leave packages without a person there to receive it. Our local delivery area, for orders of $40 or greater, covers the North side of Chicago, the Loop, West Loop and South Loop approximately.
Our Local Delivery Map details our range and pricing.
FedEx Shipping Policy
- We typically ship the next available shipping day after receiving your order. To ship on a later date, please leave a comment during the order review step of online checkout.
FedEx Ground Yes Yes Yes No No No No FedEx 2 Day Yes Yes Yes No No No No FedEx Overnight Yes Yes Yes Yes No No No
To ensure rapid delivery based on FedEx’s shipping schedule, we only ship out products on the following days:
- For perishable products, we require a shipping method of two or fewer days. If the FedEx provided ground map below does not indicate that your shipment will arrive within two days, FedEx 2 Day or Overnight will be required.
- Based on seasonal weather conditions, we reserve the right to restrict shipping method and product availability. Ice packs are included when shipping in warm weather.
- The customer is responsible for providing the correct shipping address and contact phone number. Rerouting or resending of packages due to incorrect information supplied by the purchaser will result in additional charges.
- If the package includes alcohol, FedEx requires that someone 21 or older be present to sign upon delivery. If possible, we suggest choosing a place of business for delivery, and/or notifying a gift recipient of the impending package prior to arrival.
- Due to state laws, we are NOT allowed to ship alcohol to the following states:
Alaska Alabama Arkansas Delaware Kentucky Maryland Massachusetts Mississippi Montana New Hampshire New Jersey Oklahoma Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah West Virginia
- We will e-mail a FedEx tracking number to the purchaser upon shipment. We suggest the recipient inspect their package immediately upon arrival. We are not responsible for damaged merchandise that resulted from:
• Deliveries delayed due to inclement weather.
• Incorrect shipping addresses supplied by purchaser.
• Shipments left unopened or unrefrigerated. (Products are labeled as perishable).
• Gift shipments sent to recipients who are unable to receive their shipment. Please notify recipients of their impending perishable gift.
- During December and at other peak seasons, we may experience some delays and therefore we cannot guarantee that orders will be processed and packaged within 48 hours. If you are buying for the holidays, please allow for an extra couple of days to ensure a timely delivery.
- Due to shipping limitations, we are unable to ship packages for delivery on the following holidays or the day thereafter: New Year's Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Complications arising from taxes, international tariffs and regulations prevent us from shipping outside of the United States.